I have had two long-term roles since entering the world of work in 2000. Since 2005, alongside those role I have freelanced for a variety of different organisations. From 2012 I ran my own company for two and a half years before going to work for one of my clients in November 2014.
Key timeline and examples of work, most recent first.
November 2014 - Present: Saentys
I am currently the lead, Senior Web Developer at Saentys – a design agency in Shoreditch, London, UK. As well as working on many website projects for clients, I develop and maintain our in-house applications and CMS (largely built on Laravel or Symfony). I also manage our domain and hosting instances which house sites for us and our clients. These sites are built with Craft, Statamic, WordPress and static sites.
June 2012 - November 2014: Own company
Full-time running my own business, carrying out web design and development projects for clients.
- Tossed - customer email template for Tossed Salad and Sandwich Shops. Subsequently retained to make content and template updates to their website.
- CABS CAD - Updated ExpressionEngine website for Computer Aided Design software and training consultants.
- Fly Research - email newsletter template for an event series they were running.
- MailSend app - internal project for marketing of my email marketing platform
- UKOM - ExpressionEngine website for the United Kingdom Online Measurement Company.
- InsightCube Research & Insight - PerchCMS website build for new research consultancy
- TNS-BMRB - new ExpressionEngine website for the newly branded social research department within the TNS Group.
- Chroma - worked on several ExpressionEngine website projects for them in a freelance capacity (Pitch International, Pitch Brasil, Racecouse Data Company).
- Sama Kitchen - pre-launch page for restaurant.
- urBod - ExpressionEngine website for food, nutritionist, and employee wellbeing consultant.
- Sparkloop - long-term freelance contract working on Redbull's marketing and retail campaign delivery system, based on ExpressionEngine
- Bounce Theatre - redesign of and build of ExpressionEngine website for this youth theatre company.
- ViMedia - ExpressiongEngine website build.
- Megan's Restaurant - rebuild and update of the website for this new and expanding restaurant and deli business.
- Saentys - freelance work on several website projects, and then they offered me a full-time role as Senior Web Developer! And we all lived happily ever after... :)
February 2005 - June 2012: Various freelance projects
Various freelance projects for clients.
- Mariachis (band) - Fan website and HTML newsletter
- Paul Milsom Photography - Flash website and banner ads
- BMG Stone - marketing website
- The Lucky (band)
- The London Collie Club
- Share Equity UK
- The Login Cabin - print and email version of a newsletter keeping supporters and users up to date with what was going on with this charity. Followed up later in the year with a design for a printed and emailable Christmas card.
- South Design - Campaign Monitor email template for this design agency to send to its clients. The subsequently commissioned further email templates for their own clients.
- Equality Focus - marketing website for this equality consultancy
- MyKidsTime.ie - Email newsletter template. Then subsequently the redesign and rebuild of their main website.
- Snapdragon Recruitment - branding (logo, business cards, letter heads), the design and building of a marketing/listings website and banner ads for this recruiment consultancy.
- BW Consulting - email newsletter for a commercial facilitator and business development consulatant.
- Steve Cooke Consulting - email newsletter and marketing website for this marketing consultant.
- Seventh Sphere Research - email newsletter and website for this research company.
- Gina Cannon Garden Design - new ExpressionEngine website design and build for this garden designer.
September 2000 - June 2012: British Market Research Bureau
Digital Marketing Executive, then Senior Digital Marketing Executive for this long established and respected market research agency. During my time here I:
- managed the websites of around 12 seperate business units
- designed and produced an internal company newsletter
- helped manage the company's training courses for clients
- created an event booking app to manage the bookings for the company's training centre for clients
- managed the design of the company's intranet
- tried to work out what Google was when it launched