I have had two long-term roles since entering the world of work in 2000. Since 2005, alongside those roles I have freelanced for a variety of different organisations. From 2012 I ran my own company for two and a half years before going to work for one of my clients in November 2014.
Key timeline and examples of work, most recent first.
November 2014 - April 2023: Saentys
I was the Web Development Lead (previously Senior Web Developer and Web developer) at Saentys – a design agency in Shoreditch, London, UK. As well as working on many website projects for clients, I developed and maintained in-house applications and CMS (largely built on Laravel or Symfony). I also managed the domain and hosting instances for all of the websites and apps. These sites are built with Craft, Statamic, WordPress, Laravel, Symfony, as well as static sites.
June 2012 - November 2014: Own company
Full-time running my own business, carrying out web design and development projects for clients.
- Tossed - customer email template for Tossed Salad and Sandwich Shops. Subsequently retained to make content and template updates to their website.
- CABS CAD - Updated ExpressionEngine website for Computer Aided Design software and training consultants.
- Fly Research - email newsletter template for an event series they were running.
- MailSend app - internal project for marketing of my email marketing platform
- UKOM - ExpressionEngine website for the United Kingdom Online Measurement Company.
- InsightCube Research & Insight - PerchCMS website build for new research consultancy
- TNS-BMRB - new ExpressionEngine website for the newly branded social research department within the TNS Group.
- Chroma - worked on several ExpressionEngine website projects for them in a freelance capacity (Pitch International, Pitch Brasil, Racecouse Data Company).
- Sama Kitchen - pre-launch page for restaurant.
- urBod - ExpressionEngine website for food, nutritionist, and employee wellbeing consultant.
- Sparkloop - long-term freelance contract working on Redbull's marketing and retail campaign delivery system, based on ExpressionEngine
- Bounce Theatre - redesign of and build of ExpressionEngine website for this youth theatre company.
- ViMedia - ExpressiongEngine website build.
- Megan's Restaurant - rebuild and update of the website for this new and expanding restaurant and deli business.
- Saentys - freelance work on several website projects, and then they offered me a full-time role.
February 2005 - June 2012: Various freelance projects
Various freelance projects for clients.
- Mariachis (band) - Fan website and HTML newsletter
- Paul Milsom Photography - Flash website and banner ads
- BMG Stone - marketing website
- The Lucky (band)
- The London Collie Club
- Share Equity UK
- The Login Cabin - print and email version of a newsletter keeping supporters and users up to date with what was going on with this charity. Followed up later in the year with a design for a printed and emailable Christmas card.
- South Design - Campaign Monitor email template for this design agency to send to its clients. The subsequently commissioned further email templates for their own clients.
- Equality Focus - marketing website for this equality consultancy
- MyKidsTime.ie - Email newsletter template. Then subsequently the redesign and rebuild of their main website.
- Snapdragon Recruitment - branding (logo, business cards, letter heads), the design and building of a marketing/listings website and banner ads for this recruiment consultancy.
- BW Consulting - email newsletter for a commercial facilitator and business development consulatant.
- Steve Cooke Consulting - email newsletter and marketing website for this marketing consultant.
- Seventh Sphere Research - email newsletter and website for this research company.
- Gina Cannon Garden Design - new ExpressionEngine website design and build for this garden designer.
September 2000 - June 2012: British Market Research Bureau
Digital Marketing Executive, then Senior Digital Marketing Executive for this long established and respected market research agency. During my time here I:
- managed the websites of around 12 seperate business units
- designed and produced an internal company newsletter
- helped manage the company's training courses for clients
- created an event booking app to manage the bookings for the company's training centre for clients
- managed the design of the company's intranet
- tried to work out what Google was when it launched